From the Director of Learning Partnerships
Dear talented Hokie,
We want YOU to make the most of your time at Virginia Tech and make your unique mark on the Hokie Nation. To help you live our university motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), in your own distinct way, we invite you to take the internationally recognized Gallup® CliftonStrengths assessment!
Did you know?
Virginia Tech is the first official strengths campus. That means all students, staff, and faculty can take the CliftonStrengths assessment for FREE. It is kind of a big deal since:
- 94 percent of Fortune 500 companies use this same tool to help employees be successful.
- Every single day, 5,000+ individuals take the assessment.
- 16 million+ individuals throughout the world have taken the assessment -- including 25,000+ Hokies!
The CliftonStrengths assessment is a tool that we incorporate into every aspect of the Virginia Tech experience. It helps all Hokies explore, practice, and live our Aspirations for Student Learning. Our goal is to help you customize your Virginia Tech experience and thrive at the university and beyond!
Taking the assessment
You can take the CliftonStrengths assessment online by logging in with your Virginia Tech PID username and password.
- The timed assessment takes about 20 minutes and you can’t start over. Make sure you can take the assessment uninterrupted.
- If you need to take the assessment untimed for any reason or if you would like to take it in your native language, email email@example.com with your Virginia Tech email address BEFORE beginning.
- You can only take the assessment for free ONCE, so make this time count! Individuals cannot retake the assessment.
- Make sure YOU take the assessment without help. It is all about how you perceive yourself -- and no one is a better expert on you than you!
Using your strengths
You’ll have the opportunity to learn more about your own unique strengths and how they match up with other Hokies across campus. Whether in a community, in a course, as an employee, or as a leader, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to see your strengths in action. Don’t be surprised if other Hokies start asking you about your “top five!” It’s a great conversation starter and way to expand your network.
To find out more
Have questions or need any assistance with taking the CliftonStrengths assessment? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Want to learn about Thrive, Virginia Tech’s strengths living-learning community? Email email@example.com.
Wishing you success, happiness, and Hokieness,