About Student Affairs
The Student Affairs is committed to the growth, development, and achievement of students at Virginia Tech. This organization works closely with academic colleagues to support students as they learn to be successful and effective leaders in the emerging global community.
The mission of the Student Affairs is to promote student learning, life skills, and personal growth through a strong focus on holistic student development and collaborative partnerships that deliver superior service to, and care for, students in the spirit of Ut Prosim
- Commit to unwavering CURIOSITY — Virginia Tech students will be inspired to lead lives of curiosity, embracing a life-long commitment to intellectual development.
- Pursue SELF-UNDERSTANDING and INTEGRITY — Virginia Tech students will form a set of affirmative values and develop the self-understanding to integrate these values into their decision-making.
- Practice CIVILITY — Virginia Tech students will understand and commit to civility as a way of life in their interactions with others.
- Prepare for a life of COURAGEOUS LEADERSHIP — Virginia Tech students will be courageous leaders who serve as change agents and make the world more humane and just.
- Embrace UT PROSIM (That I May Serve) as a way of life — Virginia Tech students will enrich their lives through service to others.
The Student Affairs affirms and supports the Virginia Tech Principles of Community.
Learn how our offices are structured and who to contact in the array of offices that comprise the Student Affairs.
Governance – Commission on Student Affairs
The charge of the Commission on Student Affairs is to study, formulate, and recommend to University Council policies and procedures which affect graduate and undergraduate student life and morale.